Registered under H.P. Society Act-2006, No. 591/2012
The dawn of 22nd July 1970, in the twenty-first year of the Republic of India, witnessed the birth of the Himachal Pradesh University in fulfilment of the aspirations of the people of Himachal to establish a premier and inclusive institution of higher learning. Since its inception, the University has striven untiringly to realise the vision of its founders, “to disseminate and advance knowledge, wisdom and understanding by teaching and research and by the example and influence of its corporate life”.
Himachal Pradesh University Alumni Association (HPUAA) was founded on 23 July 2012 to build on the legacy of bonding and friendship fostered at the University and to honour the venerable tradition of giving back to the alma mater as well as to society at large. In consonance with its origin and purpose, the association chose the motto “Satvadhina hi Sidhaya”, “Excellence through Diligence” that guides all its endeavours.
HPUAA Undertakes the Following Aims and Objectives
- To enable the alumni to participate in activities that would contribute to the general development of the University.
- To keep the alumni abreast of the latest developments in various fields of international and national importance.
- To arrange and collect funds for the development of the University.
- To provide prizes, medals and scholarships, and render financial aid to the deserving students of the University.
- To contribute towards the welfare of the alumni.
- To further such other aims and objects as the General Body may, from time to time, decide.
- To establish educational, management, technical & other professional institutions, schools, colleges with the object to spread literacy in all its manifestation and to impart real education to the peoples of the world and to achieve intellectual social and cultural harmony and brotherhood in the world.
- To open, run and manage educational vocational and management /Computer School /Colleges and institutions, such as Arts, fine Arts, technical, scientific, medical, engineering architectural, law, environment, music, astrology and other type of school, colleges and institutions in any part of India or abroad.
- To establish a Board of School education, Universities, Technical Universities, deemed Universities, Autonomous Colleges of various natures.
- To affiliate schools, colleges, institutions, educational, cultural, social charitable institutions run by other societies, Trusts, individuals or organizations.
- To publish books, maps, charts, illustrations, journals, magazines and periodical and other publications in different languages for the propagation of above aims and objects.
- To support and maintain and if necessary to take over any other educational and technical institutions run by other societies/trusts organizations and individuals.
- To institute awards, scholarships, prizes or other recognitions in the field of education.
We Warmly Welcome to HPUAA
- All alumni who have been awarded any Diploma or/and Degree by the Himachal Pradesh University or
- who is a faculty member of the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla having not less than two years of regular service as such; or
- who is nominated by the Governing Council; or
- who donates to the Association an amount not less than Rs. One lac, or
- who is or has been the regularly appointed Vice-Chancellor of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla.
- Any such person may apply to become a member of the Association on the prescribed form and on payment of Rs. 2,000/- as life membership fee. However, no membership fee is payable by a person who is nominated to the membership of the Association by the Governing Council under clause c) above.
Provided further that a person who, for the time being, is enrolled as a student in any diploma/degree course of the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla cannot be a member of the Association so long as he/she is pursuing the said course.
- Form for Membership [307.77 KB]
- On-line Form For Registration
- On-line Form For Membership
- Governing Council [272.45 KB]
Dr. D.R. Thakur (General Secetary, HPUAA)
Dept. of Biosciences,
Himachal Pradesh University,
Summer Hill, Shimla, PIN 171 005
|(O) 0177-2833697||E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|