Ayurveda and Homeopathy
Dean of Ayurveda/Homeopathy, HP University
A brief introduction about Dean of Ayurveda/Homeopathy:
- Name: Prof(Dr)Y.K.Sharma
- Date of Birth: 01-04-1957.
- Date of Superannuation: 31-03-2019.
- Date of Joining this College: 25-03-1987 as Assistant Professor Kayachikitsa.
- Educational Qualifications: BAMS, MD(Ay) Kayachikitsa, Ph.D Ayurveda,.
Special Academic Achievements:
- Certificate of Merit and Gold Medal in BAMS-Jammu University-1979.
- Training Programme in RTI-HIPA
- Training Programme in Management in Ayurveda from IIM-Ahmedabad.
- Diploma in Yoga from BHU.
- Certificate Course in Computer Application.
- Certificate Course of Financial Administration for HIPA-HP.
- Have Academic Teaching Experiences of UG/PG Classes of over 33 Years.
- Clinical Experience of over 37 Years.
- Administrative Experience as HOD, Medical Superintendent, Principal, etc over 20 Years.
- Worked as Member “National Task Force of Geriatric Care” Department of AYUSH, Government of India.
- Worked as Member Sub-Committee on Ayush, Planning Comission, Govt of India.
- Long experience of working as UG/PG Examiner with various Universities.
- Worked as Subject Expert with UPSE and State Public Service Commissions.
- Have published about 100 Scientific papers.
- Participated in over 100 National/International level Conferences, Seminars and Symposia.
- Have delivered over 100 Guest Lectures in various Institutions and Public platforms.
- Honored by various NGOs with Dhanwantri Award, Life Time Achievement Awards, Special Contribution to Ayurveda Education Award, etc.
- Contributed as Newspaper Columnist for 5 years for weekly Newspaper Colum of a leading Hindi Newspaper.
- Have guided about 30 PG. Research Thesis and completed 5 independent Research Projects on Clinical Research.
- Have contributed Chapters and Contents to about 20 publications of Ministry of Ayush, Government of India.
- Member Academic Council, Executive Council and University Court of Himachal Pradesh University Shimla-HP.Etc.
A brief Introduction about Faculty of Ayurveda:
Faculty of Ayurveda Himachal Pradesh University regulates the Admissions, Period of Training, Curriculum of BAMS and MD/Ms (Ay) Post Graduate Courses. BAMS Course is of Four and a Half Years duration followed by 12 months of compulsory internship before award of degree by the University. The Post Graduate Course of MD/MS (Ay) is of 3 Years duration including First Year as Preliminary Year followed by main course of 2 Years. These Courses are regulated by Central Council of Indian Medicines (CCIM) Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. Faculty of Ayurveda is currently running BAMS and PG Course in 11 Departments at Rajiv Gandhi Government Post Graduate Ayurvedic College Paprola.
BHMS or Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicines and Surgery is also regulated by Faculty of Ayurveda though there is separate Adhoc Board of Studies and Faculty of Homeopathy constituted by University. This course is also of Four and Half Year duration with 12 months compulsory internship. Currently there is only one Homeopathy College namely ‘Solan Homeopathyic Medical College, Kumarhatti, Shimla in State of Himachal Pradesh awarding BHMS Degree.
Proposal to start PhD Ayurveda programmes as per H.P. University Guidelines has been approved by Faculty of Ayurveda and recommendation is accepted by Executive Body of Himachal Pradesh University. One member out of Faculty of Ayurveda is also elected as member Central Council for Indian Medicines for the tenure of Faculty which is 2 Years.
List of Departments associated with Faculty of Ayurveda.
- PG. Department of Kayachikitsa (Internal Medicines)
- P.G.Department of Shalya Tantra (Surgery).
- PG. Department of Shalakya Tantra (Eye, ENT and Dentistry).
- PG. Department Samhita, Sanskrit and Sidhanta.
- PG. Department Ras Shastra and Bhaishjya Kalpna (Pharmaceutical Sciences).
- PG. Department Prasuti Tantra and Stree Roga (Obst&Gynae).
- PG. Department Bal Roga (Pediatrics)
- PG. Department Panchakarma.
- PG. Department Roga Nidan (Pathology).
- PG. Department Swasthavrita and Yoga 9 Social and Preventive Medicines).
- PG. Department Dravya Guna.
- Department of Kriya Shariram (Physiology)
- Department of Rachna Shariram (Anatomy)
- Department of Vidhi Ayurved and Agad Tantra (Toxicology and Juris Prudence)